Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Deciding On A Vegetable Garden

With a small garden already filled with a delightful array of shrubs and ornamental grasses, there’s just enough room for one final touch. Every backyard should make some room for a small vegetable garden.

It seems that we are being given a greater range of vegetables to grow in small spaces and pots. This gives everyone the opportunity to grow a few of their favourite vegetables. So I was thinking I might put in a couple of Buttercrunch lettuce, some nice spring onions and a small pepper bush, all of which should come together to make a very presentable salad.

In a separate pot I might plant out some Tiny Tim tomatoes, I mean, what vegetable garden is complete without the faux-vegetables such as tomatoes? And the Tiny Tims are particularly sweet and when fertilized properly can be particularly bountiful.

With a plentiful supply of nice rich, compost laden soil on hand thanks to a compost bin that works overtime, I can expect to produce a bumper crop. Fortunately, the site I have set aside for my little vegetable garden is in a great sunny spot, just what the vegetable plants will love.

No comments: